As the official hot dog of Major League Baseball, we couldn’t be more excited for the start of the season—and those delicious stadium franks, of course! For decades, the Nathan’s Famous original all-beef frank has been the official hot dog of many teams around the league.
Sure, you can enjoy the classic experience of a Nathan’s hot dog at the ballgame while cheering on your favorite team. But here’s the real game changer: you can also go to your local grocery and get everything you need to make a stadium-style hot dog right at home.
Here’s how to achieve big-league perfection.
The Perfect Stadium-Style Hot Dog
These measurements will serve one family. For bigger get-togethers, double or triple the recipe!
- 1 pack of Nathan’s Famous Beef Franks
- 1 pack of fresh hot dog buns
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Tin foil
- Your trusty skillet
- Your favorite condiments like sauerkraut, mustard, ketchup and relish
- For the perfectly crisped dog, fill a cast iron skillet (or stovetop grill pan) with enough water to barely cover the bottom of the pan. Heat it to medium high heat. Then cook until the water begins to evaporate. Add your Nathan’s franks to the pan and steam until the water boils off completely.
- Give your steamed hot dogs an extra rich and flavorful crisp by adding a pat or two of butter and pan-frying them until the skin begins to blister.
- Grab the tongs and plop your newly steamed and pan-fried hot dogs into a fresh, fluffy bun. Immediately wrap them up in tin foil and place them back in the pan. Turn the heat to low. Cover for about 2 minutes and let the steam soften the bun for that perfect stadium-style dog.
- Now for the condiments! Try our tangy Nathan’s New York Cut Sauerkraut for a classic New York flavor just like the beef franks we serve at stadiums. While we believe there’s a right and wrong way to cook a stadium-style hot dog, how you top it – that’s up to you!
Pro Tip: For maximum home-run flavor, try pan frying your hot dogs instead of boiling them to keep all the juicy flavor inside.
Looking for double the real-deal flavor? Try our Nathan’s Famous Jumbo Crinkle Cut French Fries. They’re a sure-bet sidekick to your Nathan’s stadium-style hot dog.