Updated: January 24, 2022
This website and any related websites, microsites, and mobile apps (each, a “Site” and collectively, our “Sites”) are owned and operated by Smithfield Foods, Inc. or one of its subsidiary companies (collectively, “Smithfield”). Smithfield respects your concerns about privacy.
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
Information You Provide Directly to Us
When you use our Sites; register for an account on our Sites; purchase goods through our Sites; participate in our promotions, offers, programs, contests, or sweepstakes; or otherwise communicate with us, you may directly provide us with certain information, including your:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Site log-in credentials
- Payment card information (such as payment card number, expiration date and security code) and information related to your purchases made through our e-commerce retail Sites
- Marital status
- Demographic information
- Income level
- Age or birthdate
- Family or household information
- Information about your interests, hobbies, product preferences, or shopping activities
- Information you post to our Sites, including comments, images, recipes, or other related content
- Information you allow a third-party service, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, to provide to us
We may also offer you the opportunity to sign up for email newsletters and other communications and promotional materials. We may collect your name, email address, zip code, state and other information for purposes of sending those communications.
Information We Collect from Social Networking Services
If you choose to access or use social networking services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., we may receive certain personal information that you make available to those services, such as when you visit or interact with our social media pages or posts. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each social networking service you use to understand how your information may be used and shared by the service or third parties and to set your privacy settings on those services in accordance with your preferences.
Information We Obtain by Automated Means When You Visit Our Sites
When you visit any of our Sites, we may obtain certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, or other technologies that collect information about your computer or device and your online activity.
Third-Party Web Analytics Services
Online Tracking And Interest-Based Advertising
Information We Obtain from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as from your devices, family and friends, our subsidiaries and other brands or businesses in the Smithfield family of companies, vendors who provide services on our behalf, our business partners (such as our licensees and promotional partners), corporate customers, online advertising technology companies, government entities, data aggregators, consumer data resellers and public databases.
This information may include, without limitation, identifiers (such as your name, email address and postal address), demographic information (such as your age, gender, marital status and income level), commercial information (such as your purchasing behavior, interests, hobbies and product preferences), online activity and publicly available information.
We also may collect additional information for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
HOW WE MAY USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We may use the information we obtain about you to (i) operate, evaluate and improve our business, products, services and Sites, (ii) communicate with you and provide information to you regarding our products, services and promotions, and (iii) customize and optimize your experience on the Sites.
We also may use your personal information to:
- provide you with information about our products, services and promotions;
- send you email newsletters and promotional materials about Smithfield products and services;
- create and manage your account;
- enable you to use certain features of our Sites;
- verify your identity;
- respond to your comments or questions, including about our privacy practices, products, services, promotions, or company;
- process and fulfill your online purchases;
- register you for contests, sweepstakes, or promotions for which you have requested to be registered and to administer such contests, sweepstakes or promotions;
- better understand our customers and product needs;
- provide you with products, services or offers you have requested;
- develop new and improved products, services, promotions, websites and mobile apps;
- conduct market research, analysis and data analytics;
- determine the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing;
- analyze our products, services, promotions and Sites;
- administer, manage and optimize our Sites;
- identify and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and liabilities;
- perform accounting, audit, billing reconciliation and collection activities;
- manage risk exposure and product quality; and
We also may use the information we obtain in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may share information we obtain about you with our service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We also may share information with our affiliated companies, licensees, franchisees, advertising agencies and promotional partners to, for example, send you information about products, services, or promotions that may interest you.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer (or contemplate the sale or transfer of) all or a portion of our business or assets.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information we obtain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, please review our California Consumer Privacy Statement for additional information about our privacy practices and your rights under applicable law.
HOW TO CONTACT US