Lean into luau-inspired flavors with these party-ready snacks — hula skirts optional! Sweet, sticky and tropical, these BBQ Hawaiian Hot Dog Skewers are sure to be a new family favorite.
- Canola oil, for brushing grill2 tablespoons
- Nathan’s Famous Skinless Beef Franks, cut in half or thirds1 pack
- Large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces1
- Pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces1/2
- Large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces1
- Ketchup1/3 cup
- Brown sugar1/3 cup
- Soy sauce1/4 cup
- Pineapple juice1/4 cup
- Garlic powder1/2 teaspoon
- Rice vinegar1 teaspoon
SOAK 8 to 10 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
COMBINE ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic powder and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside for brushing skewers.
HEAT grill to medium heat and brush grates with oil. Thread skewers with hot dog pieces, bell peppers, pineapple and red onion, alternating ingredients evenly.
GRILL skewers, flipping occasionally, until fully cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes. About 5 minutes before skewers are finished, brush with BBQ sauce.
SERVE with remaining BBQ sauce for dipping.