A Chicago Hot Dog, which does in fact hail from the Windy City, is a tried-and-true classic! Nathan’s Famous Skinless Bun-Length Franks lay the perfect foundation for the many toppings, including tomatoes, onions and pickled peppers. Don’t skip adding poppy seeds to the bun — this step is crucial for authenticity!
- Nathan’s Famous Skinless Bun-Length Beef Franks1 Pack
- Medium Beefsteak Tomatoes, Cut Into Wedges2
- Small White Onion, Chopped Fine1
- Unsalted Butter, Melted1/4 Cup
- Poppy Seeds1 Tablespoon
- Hot Dog Buns8
- Jar Pickled Pepperoncini1 (12 Ounces)
- Kosher Dill Pickle Spears8
- Yellow Mustard1/4 Cup
PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Brush outside of buns with butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
BAKE buns on a rimmed baking sheet until warm, about 5 minutes.
COOK your hot dogs your favorite way: We suggest pan-fried with butter!
PLACE each hot dog in a warm bun and top with pickle spears, tomato wedges, onion and mustard, and serve.