Hot dogs go global in this Korean-inspired fusion recipe. Loaded with a sweet and tangy slaw then topped with your favorite spicy ketchup and mustard, this hot dog will quickly become your new favorite.
Korean Slaw Dog
- Nathan's Skinless Beef Franks1 pkg(s)
- Nathan's Restaurant Style Hot Dog Buns1 pkg(s)
For Slaw Dressing
- Toasted sesame oil1/3 cup(s)
- Chili garlic sauce2 tbsp.
- Lime, juiced1 whole
- Honey1 tbsp.
- Red cabbage
- Napa cabbage
- Carrots, shredded
- Jalapenos, seeds and ribs removed, julienned
- Sliced green onion stalks, whites removed
- Fresh cilantro, stems removed
- Sesame seeds
For the slaw dressing: Juice one large lime in a pint jar. Combine with 1/3 cup toasted sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of chili garlic sauce and 1 tablespoon of honey. Screw the lid on tightly and shake until mixed together.
For the slaw: Thinly slice ¼ head purple and ¼ head Napa cabbage, and place in a large bowl. Add in ¼ cup shredded carrots, 2 julienned jalapeño peppers and scallions from 2 green onions. Toss with hands until combined.
Add dressing to slaw mixture and gently fold in. Set aside.
Cook your hot dogs your favorite way. We suggest pan-fried with butter!
Assemble your dog! Nestle dog into the bun, then top with Korean slaw mixture. Add some cilantro and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.