This movie theater popcorn dog will steal the show at your next home movie night! All of the buttery goodness of this crowd-pleasing concession stand treat — plus mini pepperoni, just for fun! — make an unexpectedly awesome topping for Nathan’s Famous Beef Franks.
- Nathan's Skinless Beef Franks1 pkg(s)
- Freshly popped popcorn3 cup(s)
- Unsalted butter1/4 cup(s)
- Dried oregano1 tsp.
- Dried basil1 1/2 tsp.
- Garlic powder1/4 tsp.
- Crushed red pepper, plus more to taste1/2 tsp.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese1/2 cup(s)
- Grated parmesan cheese1/4 cup(s)
- Mini pepperoni slices1 cup(s)
- Hot dog buns
Cook your hot dogs your favorite way. We suggest pan-fried with butter!
While hot dogs cook, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, stir in oregano, basil, garlic powder and crushed red pepper (start with 1/2 teaspoon and add more to taste). Cook 1 minute and remove from heat.
Pour butter over popcorn in a large bowl and toss to combine. Stir in Parmesan cheese and pepperoni.
Place hot dogs in buns and top with pepperoni pizza popcorn.