Treat the family to a taste of the tropics with these vacation-inspired hot dogs! Rum-soaked pineapple turns extra-sticky and sweet on the grill, and mixed with jalapeno, lime and cilantro, together it makes a mouthwatering salsa for Nathan’s Famous Skinless Bun-Length Beef Franks.
- Nathan's Skinless Beef Franks1 pkg(s)
- Agave nectar1/4 cup(s)
- Rum1/4 cup(s)
- Small pineapple, cut into 1/4'-thick strips1 whole
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- Jalapenos, seeded and minced2 whole
- Small red onion, minced1 whole
- Limes, juiced2 whole
- Fresh cilantro, finely chopped1 cup(s)
- Nathan's Hot Dog Buns1 pkg(s)
Combine agave and and rum in low, wide baking dish. Add pineapple and toss to coat. Marinate for 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
Preheat grill to high and coat grates with oil. Grill pineapple until charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let cool.
When pineapple is cool enough to handle, dice and add to mixing bowl with jalapenos, onion, lime juice and cilantro. Toss to combine, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. To add extra rum flavor, add leftover marinade, to taste.
Cook your hot dogs your favorite way. We suggest pan-fried with butter!
To serve, place hot dog in bun and top with pineapple salsa.